Regional Business Partner Network
What is the Regional Business Partner Network (RBP)?
The RBP Network consists of partner organisations such as regional economic development agencies and Chambers of Commerce (such as Tauranga) across 14 regions covering the whole country.
What support do the Regional Business Partners offer?
We have specialist business advisors who are available to meet with businesses and work with business owners and/or key managers to identify needs and opportunities to grow the business.
The business advisors can provide advice, information, referrals and connections to ANY business seeking support for their growth journey. If you are a business seeking advice and support to help you grow, get in touch with us and have a conversation about where to next.
Research and Development support and funding
As well as supporting building business capability, Regional Business Partners can help businesses access R&D grant funding from Callaghan Innovation. Further information is available from Callaghan Innovation’s website.
You can also apply for a Business Mentor to help you gain a fresh approach or use as a sounding board in your business. Your mentor will provide you with independent, impartial advice that may challenge you to go further, set new business goals, and achieve better results.
For more information about Business Mentors, please visit our Business Mentors page.
Capability Development Vouchers
Small businesses may qualify for vouchers to help pay for services such as training workshops, courses and coaching that build the management capabilities of their owners, operators and key managers.
Management Capability Development Vouchers are only available through the RBP Growth Advisors. Vouchers may be provided to a business where the Growth Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
To receive a Capability Development Voucher, a business must be registered on the RBP website. Before you register we suggest you call us on our 0800 number (0800 249 482) to talk through what’s involved with one of our Business Growth Team.
Capability Development Vouchers – funding
Capability Development Vouchers are used to co-fund training and capability development up to a maximum of $5000 per year per business. The business must pay at least half of the training costs.
Is my business eligible for a Voucher?
To be eligible for a voucher a business must be:
- Have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
- Operating with 50 or less FTEs
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Operating in a commercial environment – i.e. is currently trading
- Be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
Business may also:
- Be exporting, have export potential, be involved in the export supply chain or have the potential to contribute to economic growth in the region
- Demonstrate commitment to improving management capability. Indicators of commitment include the fact they have sought advice, have worked through the assessment process and a willing to co-fund capability building activities and make the required time commitment; and
- Have an identified gap in its capability that can be addressed through management capability building and training.
For more information on Regional Business Partner Network click here.
Business Support Advisor
0800 249 482