Business Awards 2021
The big question: Which category should I enter?
There are 10 categories you can enter your business in.
Our Sector Excellence categories look at what you do: Are you an emerging business, having been in operation for less than three years? Perhaps your manufacturing, construction or distribution practices are world-class, or you might deliver outstanding service to your customers.
Then there’s the Business Practice categories, the how you do what you do. This covers everything from digital innovation, continuous improvement, sustainability, customer experience and workplace safety.
In 2021, we’ve added two new categories:
- The People & Culture Award, which recognises your achievements in looking after the people within your organisation or business through great company culture
- The Marketing & Communications Award, which celebrates those businesses that have strong brand integrity and are communicating this well.
Sector Excellence Categories
Best Business Practice Categories
The judging process
Part One: Site visits
An Independent Facilitator will do all site visits, to ensure consistency and to get a better understanding of your people and your place. At the site visit, they will drill to the detail of your entry form to gain a comprehensive impression of the business.
This interview could take up to two hours and will be booked in prior.
The Independent Facilitator will then mark the businesses and write up constructive feedback for the judges and for you to review after the awards night.
Part Two: Pitch Weekend
Each entrant will pitch their business to a panel of judges, led by the Independent Facilitator. There will be specialist judges for business practice categories. All our judges are selected for their business skill and knowledge.
You have the opportunity to bring your team and present your pitch in anyway that best showcases your business and puts your case forward for a win.
The entire judging panel consider the finalists and have input into the Tauranga Business of the Year Award.
We take your confidentiality seriously:
- All awards entry documentation and official entry forms are treated as confidential.
- All judges sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Judges are required to declare conflicts of interest.
- Information regarding participation, any awards, or successful strategies may be released only after written approval from the entrant.