Innovate your business
Are you working on something innovative?
The Chamber works in partnership with Callaghan Innovation to connect ambitious businesses to a range of services to support R&D in our region.
How we can help:
- Help you understand our local innovation eco-system
- Connect you to like-minded businesses and individuals
- Discuss your R&D ideas and guide you to the available innovation support mechanisms
- Match your needs with specific services, programmes and events
- Facilitate access to science expertise, programmes and R&D co-funding.
How Callaghan Innovation can help you
New Zealand honey is renowned for its taste and health benefits, and now a Bay of Plenty pharmaceutical company is set to make the golden stuff equally famous for its medicinal properties.
HoneyLab has proved that its kanuka honey formulation Honevo is just as effective as the pharmaceutical alternative in treating cold sores.
Callaghan Innovation played an integral role in helping this business undertake R&D and the agency’s co-funding of the cold sore study meant HoneyLab could accelerate the work and do other research programmes as well.