Our annual report is an opportunity to reflect on the year that was, showcase the activities we have undertaken and present the financial progress of the organisation to our members.
In the words of our CEO in his opening statement, “2020 will be the year that almost all annual reports include reference to COVID-19. The global pandemic is a 1-in-100-year economic black swan event that caught the world by surprise.”
But, COVID-19 aside, there was much positivity and progress in the months preceding – and the months post also.
In our Annual Report 19 /20 you will find:
- Chairperson’s report
- CEO’s report
- Updates from our networking groups (BWN, SBT and LINKT)
- Activity Report from the Chamber events team
- Westpac Tauranga Business Awards 2019
- Business Support Services update, including SEBAs, Business Mentors, COVID-19 Funding and Callaghan Innovation
- Financial Reports
If you are a member and you wish to discuss anything in this report, please contact Matt on firstname.lastname@example.org
At our recent AGM 2020 on Monday, November 9, a constitutional update was passed. This is to prepare for the revised Incorporated Societies Act, modernise some of our processes and also reduce the Board size for decision making efficiencies.
Tauranga Chamber of Commerce has reviewed the constitution and has undertaken the following actions:
- Evaluated board size to optimise effectiveness
- Streamlined the Board selection process to optimise Board cohesion and effectiveness
- Updated the constitution in preparation for the expected changes to the Incorporated Societies Act (1908)
- Updated the document to reflect current and best practices
- General language tidy up.
The document was finalised with the assistance of Holland Beckett Law.
As this was accepted, the in-coming Board for 2020 will sit for a period of 10 months. Then, at the 2021 AGM, all roles on the Board will then be open for nomination and election.