Chamber Member Events
LOOKING FOR A BUSINESS EVENT NEAR YOU?
As well as Chamber-hosted events, we're proud to support our members and their upcoming events, courses and workshops. Start exploring their events here.
Events coming soon
The Inclusive Workplace
Wednesday, March 3.
The evening’s panelists are:
- Tracey Ryan – Aurecon’s Managing Director for New Zealand;
- Andrew Smith – Downer’s Regional Manager for Bay of Plenty and Central North;
- Lynda Johnston – Professor of Geography at the Waikato University; and
- Danielle Brownlie – HR Manager for Holland Beckett.
Business Leaders Retreat
Friday, March 5 to Saturday, March 7.
2020 was quite a year, but, the start of a new year represents an opportunity for a fresh mindset… and we want to help you transform yourself, and your business, in 2021.
So, if you’re a business owner ready to step up your game, and experience professional development on a whole new level, why not join us for a transformational three-day leadership retreat, right on the shores of Lake Rotorua?
You’ll walk away with:
- A clear vision for the year ahead, a meaningful action plan, and the inspiration needed to implement short-term action, to achieve long-term personal and business goals.
- A clearer understanding of your behaviours, strengths and weaknesses. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn more about NLP and Emotional Intelligence in business.
- An understanding of how you can use social media to build personal branding.
- And, the tools you need to create productive and thriving environments for professional and personal success.
Choose to challenge – Celebrating International Women’s Day
Monday, March 8.
Join professionals in the Bay of Plenty for an inspirational afternoon to celebrate International Women’s Day, brought to you by the Institute of Directors Bay of Plenty Branch, Business Women’s Network, Chartered Accountants ANZ, Trustpower and Higher Perspective Corporate Events.
Embracing the 2021 theme #ChoosetoChallenge: “A challenged world is an alert world. Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day.
We can choose to challenge and call out gender stereotypes and bias. We can choose to seek out and celebrate women’s achievements. Collectively, we can create an inclusive world.
From challenge comes change. Choose to challenge.”
We will hear from inspirational speakers including: Shelley Campbell, Laurissa Cooney, Shelly Davies, Phil O’Reilly, Lisa Tamati, Wiremu Matthews and Stacey Shortall who will each share their personal experiences and reflect on how challenge and change have impacted their lives and their success.
We welcome everyone to come along regardless of gender, so gather your colleagues and friends to enjoy an afternoon of growing and networking in honour of IWD.
Understanding unconscious bias
Tuesday, March 16.
Unconscious bias is the enemy of diversity, subtly undermining the hours of time organisations invest in developing an inclusive culture. This workshop will give you an introduction to the neuroscience behind unconscious bias and help you understand the impact biases can have on leadership effectiveness, workplace interactions, communication and decision making.
- Gain an understanding of the neuroscience underpinning unconscious bias
- Learn to identify their own unconscious biases and those of others
- Look at the impact unconscious bias has in the workplace
- Discuss examples of best practice from global and local leaders
- Discover ways to challenge their thinking and build new neural connections
- Get strategies to manage and mitigate bias as individuals, groups and organisations.
Waipua Hospice Superhero Walk 2021
Saturday, March 27. 9am – 12pm
Grab your cape and your running shoes to honour, remember, and celebrate the heroes in your life with the Waipuna Hospice Walk/Run.
By signing up to register for the Waipuna Hospice Super Hero Walk/Run you will be a hero yourself, as you help raise much-needed funds to care for people in our community facing a life-limiting illness and support for their families.
In our lives, each of us has someone who holds a special place in our hearts and is looked to as a ‘hero’. The Waipuna Hospice Super Hero Walk/Run encourages people to embrace their “Super Hero” by celebrating and acknowledging the heroes in their lives, and walking or running in celebration and remembrance of them.
With superheroes taking on either a 3.6km walk or a 6.4km run, spot prizes, costumes, and more, Saturday March 27 will be an eventful day and a meaningful and fun way to celebrate life! Why not assemble your avengers and get the whole household caped up? Invite friends, family, colleagues, or team and club members to join you in registering.
Get Mortgage-Free and Build Wealth in 10 years or less (Tauranga)
Tuesday, March 30. 6pm
Want to get mortgage-free & build wealth in 10 years, or less? The time to make progress is now! Join Hannah McQueen for this seminar
2021 is your time to make financial progress.
Interest rates are super-low, the housing and share markets are going gangbusters and the NZ economy is open for business, despite Covid!
You need to use this opportunity to make progress while the going is good – to get mortgage-free faster, grow wealth, get ahead and be ambitious.
But none of that happens by default – that’s why you should come along to Hannah McQueen’s seminar, ‘Get Mortgage-Free and Build Wealth in 10 years or less’.
Hannah is a financial strategist, Authorised Financial Adviser, Chartered Accountant, Business Coach, Author and the founder of enable.me – financial strategy and coaching.
Connect with local organisations
PoweringON connects small business owners with the service providers they need to navigate the digital age. PoweringON exists to increase the awareness of opportunities, guidance and connections to enable SMEs to increase their digital technology adoption, and thus to support the emergence of more competitive, tech-savvy, tech enabled local businesses.
The team hold free webinars and workshops to help with your digital enablement. You can find these here.
Mauao Adventures ‘ Mauao Connection’
Mondays to Wednesdays, 10.30am (Starting October 12)
You may have heard the Legend of Mauao. But there are so many more interesting stories on Mauao, both legendary and factual.
The team at Mauao Adventures guide you on a 90 minute walk of Mauao. They are tangata whenua, and have a mission to create the opportunity for those willing to connect with Maori of this area and learn more about the Maori world view, particularly related to Mauao and the Tauranga area.
The walk includes three themes:
- Ko Mauao te maunga – Mauao is the mountain.
- Ko Tauranga te moana – Tauranga is the body of water.
- Ko Ngaiterangi, Ngati Ranginui, Ngati Pukenga nga iwi – Ngaiterangi, Ngati Ranginui and Ngati Pukenga are the tribes.
Block out a morning and book in your team for an upcoming session.
$20 Chamber members