Upskill for your business
Professional development for owners and managers
Small business owners may qualify for capability development vouchers to help cover the costs of training, workshops and courses for themselves and their managerial staff.
Capability Development Funding may be provided to a business where our Advisors have identified a need for management training as part of an action plan to support the business owner to grow and innovate their business.
Funding is used to co-fund training and capability development up to a maximum of $5000 per year per business. The business must pay at least half of the training costs.
To be eligible for funding a business must:
- Have undergone assessment by a Regional Business Partner.
- Be operating with 50 or less FTEs
- Be GST registered in New Zealand
- Operating in a commercial environment – i.e. is currently trading
- Be privately owned or a Maori Trust or Incorporation under the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993 or similar organisation managing Maori assets under multiple ownership
Train with the Chamber
We offer a number of training courses, workshops and webinars through the Chamber, with local, trusted providers. You can apply for the Capability Development Vouchers to undertake this training.